Thyme is an evergreen perennial shrub that grows up to 45 cm (18 inches) in height. It has a woody root system with a multi-branched stem, and small elliptical greenish-grey leaves. This variety is native to Morocco. Thyme is derived from the Greek word thymos that means 'perfume'. It was used in herbal medicines by the ancient Greeks, Egyptians and Romans, as incense in Greek temples, and in embalming by the Egyptians. During the Middle Ages it was given to jousting knights for courage, and a sprig of thyme was later carried into courtrooms to ward off diseases (as well as to freshen the air). It has been popular as a flavoring agent in foods for Millenia.
- Botanical Name: Thymus satureioides Main
- Constituents: Borneol: 22.7% - 37.5% Thymol: 1% - 5%
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Origin: Morocco
- Processing Method: Steam Distilled
- Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
- Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of
- Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Thyme has a woody, medicinal scent described as spicy and green.
- Blends With: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lavender, Rosemary and Pine. Cautions: Thyme contains a high amount of thymol that can irritate mucus membranes, and must be diluted well before use.
- Avoid use if under the care of a medical practitioner. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
NOTE: This oil may form crystals during transit or storage. Gentle warming in a hot water bath and stirring may be required.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the item(s) within 15 days of receiving the order. Please note that monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, and items damaged through normal wear and tear are not eligible for return.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Contact your healthcare professional promptly should you have any health related questions.
You should not use the information or services on our website to diagnose or treat any health issues or for prescription of any medication or other treatment.
Wiccanplace.com is not liable for any information provided on this website with regard to recommendations regarding supplements for any health purposes. The products or claims made about specific nutrients or products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Dietary products are not intended to treat, prevent or cure disease.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.